If your product has a defect due to faulty components or workmanship, call us on the number below. Do not attempt to send your product back before contacting Ubco Customer Services, as you will need to be issued with a returns code.
Ubco Customer Services
Within the US you can drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our operating hours are 8AM-5PM PST.
PRODUCT WARRANTY & LEGAL
This warranty statement applies to all products sold by Ubco Limited (“Ubco”) within the following categories (collectively referred to as the Products):
- Utility Electric Vehicles (UEV) – excluding power supplies.
- Power Supplies (Portage Power System 40Ah, 48Ah)
- Includes the power supply in your UEV.
Ubco warrants to the original retail purchaser that the Products shall be free, under normal use and maintenance, from any defects in material or workmanship for the warranty periods set out below, subject to the qualifications, exclusions, conditions and limitations set out in this warranty statement. Where warranty conditions are met, defective Products or parts will be repaired or replaced (repair or replacement is at Ubco Limited’s discretion).
STANDARD WARRANTY PERIODS
- Ubco 2017 2×2 – off road only
- 12 months.
- Ubco 2018 2×2 – Dual Use on and off road.
- 12 months.
- Ubco Portage Power Supplies (40Ah, 48Ah)
- 24 months.
- 12 months.
- Spare Parts
- 6 months.
QUALIFICATION OF UEV WARRANTY
As the 2×2 is a Utility Electric Vehicle (UEV) that can be ridden on and off road, Ubco requires a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) to be carried out prior to customer delivery by an authorised Ubco dealer. To qualify for this warranty, the UEV must be removed from its original packaging, fully set up and assembled, subject to a PDI, road tested, and delivered by an authorized Ubco dealer. The Warranty Registration Form must be signed by both the dealer and the purchaser.
PRODUCTS NOT REQUIRING A PDI
Products that fall within the Power Supply or Accessory categories (excluding trailers) do not require a PDI but do require proof of purchase as a condition of any warranty claim.
This warranty does not cover:
- Products used other than in accordance with their intended use or the use instructions / parameters set out in the relevant User Manual;
- Products that have been misused, involved in an accident, neglected or abused;
- Products used for competition including but not limited to racing or trials;
- Products used for rental purposes or any commercial application other than those for which the Product is intended and which have been specifically approved by Ubco;
- Products that have been improperly assembled, or where repairs have been made other than by an Ubco certified technician;
- Products that have not been maintained or serviced in accordance with the instructions set out in the relevant User Manual;
- Products altered or modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specifications;
- Parts requiring replacement or repair as a result of normal wear and tear.
SPECIFIC CATEGORY EXCLUSIONS
The following exclusions also apply:
- UEV Warranty Exclusions:
- The planetary gears are considered a wear and tear item and should be regularly inspected and replaced in the event of wear. Wear is related to the level and type of use. Planetary gears and elements of the motor system are designed to protect the main motor. In extreme stress, they may be damaged in order to protect the motor’s integrity;
- If motor maintenance or repair is performed by a non-Ubco Certified Technician, including if the motor is opened or modified;
- If any of the control system parameters are modified from those issued by Ubco for public release;
- If water damage occurs as a result of a UEV being used outside of its intended operation and use. Damage includes, but is not limited to; the following component groups: the external controls, electrical system, motors, battery connections and bearings;
- If damage is caused by over-torqueing, cross threading, or other damage due to attempted repair by unauthorized service personnel.
- Power Supply Exclusions:
- If the Power supply is left in a discharged state;
- If the Plug connectors (male and female) have not been cleaned and are exposed to dirt, water and other environmental contaminants;
- If the case has been opened or tampered with;
- If there has been damage caused to the external case or structure e.g. from dropping or accidents;
- If used with non-approved or un-certified electrical equipment;
- If the product has been submerged under water.
UBCO LTD MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE ABOVE WARRANTY. UBCO LTD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
UBCO LTD MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UBCO BIKES US, LLC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ubco’s maximum liability in contract, tort, equity, statute, regulation or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury directly or indirectly resulting from any defect in, or non-compliance of, or use of, the Product will not in aggregate exceed the price (excluding GST) for the Product that caused the loss, damage or injury.
Where a User Manual is supplied with a Product, the purchaser of the Product and ultimate end user must review the Manual to understand the operations, limitations, maintenance and care instructions for the Product.
Whilst UEV and Portable Power Supplies have fewer moving parts than a combustion engine vehicle or technology they still require maintenance to ensure continued safe operation. Every Product will need scheduled maintenance and care, to ensure your warranty is maintained. This will increase the Product’s lifespan and reduce life time maintenance.
UBCO AUTHORIZED DEALERS AND CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
For a list of Ubco Authorized Dealers and Certified Technicians please see our website for a current full dealer listing.