As our team goes from strength to strength, we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Tauranga.
The purpose of this role is full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implementation into production) for both new and existing UBCO electric vehicles to production standards.
You will be working closely with other mechanical and electrical engineers to develop exciting electric vehicles and related products for our wide range of global consumers, you’ll be required to Coordinate with key partner’s in New Zealand, USA, Europe and China on multiple aspects of development and manufacturing.
This role would suit a Qualified Mechanical engineer with the below skill set:
- High proficiency with CAD software, Solid works preferred
- FEA proficiency preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Structured working process with clear documentation
- High level of knowledge on production processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office software package
- Electronic experience/ knowledge advantageous
- Hands-on experience (on the tools) advantageous
- A passion for the outdoors.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and should apply online with a Cover Letter accompanied by their CV.
UBCO was founded on the idea of a Utility Electric Vehicle (UEV) that would transform the way people ride, work and play. Since it was founded in 2015, UBCO has evolved into a digitally connected UEV platform including on and off-road transport (2X2), portable power, accessories, and cloud-based software.
Founded in New Zealand, UBCO can now be found in international markets including the United States, Australia, and Europe. We are passionate about providing a complete solution to our customers, from an individual user to Fleet Managers, and have developed our product range to support a wide range of applications.
Our core products include Utility Electric Vehicles (UEVs), Accessories, Portable Power Supplies and Subscription Software. UBCO has successfully commercialised three generations of the 2X2 Utility Bikes for use on and off road along with accessories and portable power supplies. These are all digitally connected devices that can also have services delivered through the UBCO API interface.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?